3780 Colake Road, Comox-Strathcona
This is a private, gated property.
If you do not have a current paid-up membership, you will be denied access unless there is a public event in progress or you are a guest visiting with a current member. Gate checks will be random. Carry your membership card with you at all times!
No new memberships are being accepted at the present time due to our inability to approve your membership in a timely manner. Please be patient until we are allowed to have General Meetings again.
Need help with logging in? Head on over the our Membership Page!
Viewing this on a mobile device or tablet? The 3 little horizontal lines at the top right (in the green box) will bring up your page menu!
Please note that you must go to your profile and click the button to opt in for Club emails.
They are NOT sent to you automatically!
iPhone, iPad and Mac users - it seems that the new IOS is not compatible with the embedded Newsletter and some forms. Please use the Archived version to see the newsletter.
Message from the President – 22 May 2020
Sent in club email on 22 May 2020
The last couple of months has been a trying time for sure. We all would like to be at the club enjoying the wonderful facilities. Because of the Covid 19 virus the Board made the decision to close the club to everyone but key maintenance personal.
The office staff continued working to conduct club business. Access to the office was restricted and still will be for the foreseeable future. The safety of our staff is very important to all of us. We must do our part to help stop the spread of Covid 19.
In light of the government slowly opening up recreational facilities, the board believes it is time for our club to slowly phase in our facilities. Therefore, on June 1, 2020 we will be opening ALL RANGES (excluding the Indoor Range) AND THE BOAT RAMP. Every program has developed a policy as to how they will be operating their facility. This has to be followed to the letter, with NO EXCEPTIONS. Failure to follow these rules will result in closures of the facility or possibly the entire club. Not what we would like to see.
The camp ground will open possibly June 8- 2020 with 50% occupancy. Club members ONLY, no guests. All members must sign in at the office before getting a site.
Signing in and out with the campground caretaker, will be mandatory for use of the boat launch due to safety concerns and Covid 19 health tracking requirements.
The safety of our members and staff is very important to the Board and your President. I know we can make this work and I have great faith in the membership to do their part. Remember that it is fellow member volunteers who are working at the facilities to ensure you can enjoy the club again in a safe manner, so please be respectful and comply with any instructions. We will still have to do the social distancing, sanitizing and comply with all Governmental rules.
For the time being the club will be for club members only no guests.
STAY HEALTHY AND SAFE.
Yours in conservation
Willi Wagner. President
2020 SHOTGUN RAFFLE TICKETS
Tickets for the 2020 Shotgun Raffle of a Browning Synergy 20-ga are now available by e-transfer directly into a CF&G account. The draw date of June 6 is rapidly approaching and there are still plenty of tickets available!
The process is easy. Just e-mail the office at: email@example.com and you’ll be sent easy to follow instructions on how to complete the transfer. When the purchase is complete, your ticket stub will be sent to you by mail.
Please purchase a ticket for $20 and help us continue to improve our world class facility!
Directions to the Club:
- Go up Laketrail Road from Willemar (at Laketrail School
- Go all the way up the hill past Marsden Road ...
- Go under the New Highway and continue around the corner till you come to a stop sign.
- Turn Left at the stop sign (you'll see a small sign on the post across the road indicating the Fish & Game Club to the left)
- Continue on this logging road for about 3 km (you will continue straight through one intersection on the hill)
- At the next intersection, you will see the large yellow gate with the Courtenay & District Fish & Game sign.
- Turn left through the gate *** REMEMBER THAT YOU MUST HAVE A KEY TO GET IN*** (unless you have made prior arrangements or we are open to the public)
- You will see the entrance to the Archery venue on your left about 300 Metres down this road
- Continue along for approximately 300 Metres
- You will see the campground gate straight ahead.
- Turn left to reach the clubhouse (about 250 Metres down this road)
- You will see a road off to your left that will take you up to Trap & Skeet, Boomtown and the Blackpowder Clubhouse.