Our Association is actively undertaking programs that benefit Comox Valley communities and the local economy, through protecting and enhancing our fish and game resources and their habitats. These include:
- Planning of a cold water Coho Hatchery on our property in partnership with DFO to re-stock the Trent River.
- Assistance to the Ministry of Land, Forests and Natural Resource Operations to monitor fish stocks in local lakes.
- Undertake habitat restoration projects in local streams, including Arden and Morrison Creek.
- Assist Ministry of Lands, Forests and Natural Resource Operations to trap and relocate Roosevelt elk to various locations on Vancouver Island for elk reintroduction programs.
- An active partner with Ducks Unlimited in their wetlands acquisition program in the Comox Valley.
In addition our members are active participants in local and regional committees such as:
- British Columbia Wildlife Federation.
- Puntledge River Restoration Committee.
- BC Hydro Puntledge River Water Use Committee.
- Comox Valley Sportsfish Advisory Committee.
- Comox Valley Chapter of the Steelhead Society.
The Conservation Committee meets every 3rd Monday of the month at 7PM in downstairs meeting room at the hall. Any member is welcome to attend. Call Wayne White for info @ 250-338-6964 or email him at email@example.com