INFORMATION FOR MEMBERS
For members’ information - The CDFGPA members were presented with a line-by-line preview of the 2018-2019 budget a couple of months ago. The final budget will be voted on at the December Annual General Meeting.
Included in the budget is a donation of $25,000 for Morrison Creek and $25,000 donation for Perserverence Creek. The Conservation Committee had recommended a total of $100,000 for the three projects including Kus Kus Sum; however, the Finance Committee recommended a total of $50,000 for Morrison and Perserverence. The Board has agreed with the Finance Committee recommendations. It was requested that the members be given complete information so they may be fully informed to make their vote decision at the AGM.
Click here for more info.
- Planning of a cold water Coho Hatchery on our property in partnership with DFO to re-stock the Trent River.
- Assistance to the Ministry of Land, Forests and Natural Resource Operations to monitor fish stocks in local lakes.
- Undertake habitat restoration projects in local streams, including Arden and Morrison Creek.
- Assist Ministry of Lands, Forests and Natural Resource Operations to trap and relocate Roosevelt elk to various locations on Vancouver Island for elk reintroduction programs.
- An active partner with Ducks Unlimited in their wetlands acquisition program in the Comox Valley.
- British Columbia Wildlife Federation.
- Puntledge River Restoration Committee.
- BC Hydro Puntledge River Water Use Committee.
- Comox Valley Sportsfish Advisory Committee.
- Comox Valley Chapter of the Steelhead Society.